Evoking feelings, painting pictures, telling stories, and playing with words.
Welcome to Scattered Notebooks! Named for the literal collection of notebooks that I have laying around the house, the shed, the garage and – apparently – other lost locations. Even with the ridiculous number of partly filled and slightly mangled notebooks that I keep stumbling upon, I know I am missing some.
This all started with a cleaning, not a chore I am fond of, but it had to be done. In some mysterious totes and boxes of lost things that needed sorting, compiling and hopefully discarding or re-purposing – low-and-behold – I found notebooks! The cleaning stopped, and the perusing began. Amidst the old work related notes, there were snippets; in another, there were some interesting and forgotten blurbs. I thought to myself for the – well – the last time, What should I do with this stuff?
Here I am. After hemming and hawing, and biting my nails and asking, Should I? Could I? Dare I? I started looking and checking out other blogs. I stopped because I felt I began over thinking and worrying. I’ve spent my life worrying. No more of that.
So here it is, an eventual collection of my Scattered Notebooks. Here you will find old and new poems, songs, stories, and my thoughts and musings. I hope you enjoy!
Some Navigation Tips:
- If you want to know a little more about me? Check out my About the Author page.
- Looking to contact me? Drop a comment on my Contact page.
- Click on the Poetry Table Menu directly to get a “Contents” listing
- Under the Poetry Menu are organized categories for easier navigating
- Click on Stories, you will find Prose and works-in-progress
- Under Asides, I am beginning to jot down my random brief thoughts. Under Quotes, of course, I have begun to capture quotes that I admire.
In the future, I hope to make available a music samples page and delve more into my love and appreciation for lyrics, the artists who write them, and the music they make.
Thank you for stopping by, and be sure to leave a comment, some feedback, or even a quick hello. Enjoy!
I find I gain more insight, education, and
happiness from sincere comments from you.
Go back and drop me a note! – Thanks!